Josephine is ...

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 17, 2009

    Valentine's day @ Jogoya

    Had dinner in Jogoya with my family members on Valentine's day, without dear again, he was working. We have made our reservation 3 weeks in advance. We reserved a table for 9 persons @ 7pm. At 7pm, we went to the counter and informed them that we will be late for 10 minutes as my parents were late. The gal said ok. Then when my parents arrived, we went to the counter again, but we need to re-queue and there were quite a number of customers in front of us. So, we waited for like 10 minutes.
    When it was our turn, it was around 7.20pm. You know what the guy said? Sorry your reservation is 7pm, you are late, we have to cancel your reservation.
    Of cos we shoot back lah, I said:" We came on time, we informed that gal that we will be 10 minutes late, she said ok." Then the guy started to speak in foreign language with his colleague, and showed his "not syiok" expression to us. But we don't care, we made the reservation and we informed them we will be late. They can't cancel our reservation, right? He had no choice, but to give us a table. In fact, there are some customers who did not make any reservation, but came early, and the stuff promised to put them under waiting list. That's why they tried to cancel our table, and give it to those who were under waiting list. This is not fair for those who called few weeks in advance, came all the way far town, right? They should call the customers who are late, ask them whether they are coming, or inform them before the reservation is being canceled.

    Okay, photos.....


    Kyanne & me.
    We were made from the same factory, why is she so much taller than me?
    Eldest always shortest?
    Bought 2 pairs of CROCS for dear, CROCS in Malaysia only give ugly plastic bag, unlike last year I got nice paper bag when I bought it from Singapore.
    So, I look like "siao po" carrying 2 pairs of CROCS with that 2 ugly plastic bags and walking around in Pavilion!


    With Vicky.
    Again, taller than me.
    I think I gained weight after CNY. Look at my fat arms!!!


    With Lily, same height but I still look shorter, aiks...


    The 4 of us...
    Our parents' Bao Beis.....


    Again... how? do we look alike? Not many photos were taken as we were concentrating on eating only.


    My appetizer, main course and dessert in Jogoya. I had 9 of them. GENG mou?


    I ate so much food that day. Shark fin soup, sushi, sashimi, double boiled soup, bbq fish, meat, lots of prawns, steam fish, one piece of cheese cake, one pieces of choc cake, chinese herbal jelly, few scoops of ice cream. For drinks, I had at least 3 glasses of red wine, and 3 more glasses of cocktail. I hope what I have eaten that day worth what I have paid for...... If not, rugi ma...
    In fact, I should name this post title something like "How a cheapskate eat in Jogoya..." which I think can attract more hits for my blog :P

    22 comments:

    Borneo Falcon said...

    Looks like a nice outing.

    Family First said...

    Yeah wor ... all of them taller than you bor. Nevermind lah, as long as Dear also taller than you, then nice mah.

    Anonymous said...

    the good thing about family members is, they are always available when u need them... even during valentines eh? :D

    jen ® said...

    among all the siblings, ngi heh zui liang *thumbs*

    Josephine said...

    Borneo Falcon: It was :P

    Family First: Ya.

    nic: what to do. My dear always busy ma.

    Jen: heh meh? nga mak gong ngai geh lao moi liang dit.

    Doreen said...

    You and Lily look very alike. How tall are you may I ask?

    levian said...

    they can't cancel your booking without confirming with you, that's unreasonable! n you looks adorable. :D

    Kellaw said...

    walau me hungry liao

    Kuntong said...

    walao..u can eat so many oyster ah? i can eat max 2-3 only..or i will feel vry yark....... lol
    no mood to go Jogoya anymore..bcoz now no money..hahaha..somemore i feel the food not so nice ad..

    jen ® said...

    aunty thung moi zai geh ngan kong hao thai foon pet geh, ngi tuh heh sin ngai hao tit, lol

    soulesscloudy said...

    hmmm... i never been to there yet.. heard the quality is decreasing...

    玉=Jade said...

    Haha, treating urself good once in a while is ok de. :)

    vialentino said...

    walau....jogoya...din ask me to go to? when u back to KL?

    Pete said...

    Wah, one CNY can put on weight leh! I wish I could do that! LOL

    Sherril 雪乐 said...

    kuntong, the food not nice? but i havent been there before and I'm dying to go there for a try....=) saving money now haha

    Anonymous said...

    My valetine work like hell at the western corner....T T

    Connie Lam said...

    ♥ pay a visit to Jogoya last year..
    ♥ But that time the foods served there kinda disappointed me..
    ♥ not really fresh..and variety of foods just okie....

    Josephine said...

    Doreen: super short! i think is 158 only

    Levian: Yalor, how can they just cancel the booking like that rite?

    Kellaw: hmm, I am also hungry d

    kuntong: I felt the same, the food is not as nice as last time

    Jen: Ok, ngai sin nyi.hahaha

    Wanwan: yes, the quality decreased.

    Jade: true

    Via: I go back every week. LP

    pete: U long time no update d.

    sherril: maybe u can go Tenji and not Joyoga

    jezalmy: My dear also got to work, that's why no valentine dinner for me this year!

    connie: Hmmm, I had it once last year too. But the quality really dropped a lot leh!

    Cherish Tulips said...

    Your dear didn't give you any Valentine's present meh?
    Jogoya offers nice Jap food.Been there before-the buffet spread is superb!

    Anonymous said...

    woah....the food looks great!!!

    foongpc said...

    Eh, why so few shots on the food? I love Jogoya and is planning to go there again sometime next month.

    Regarding the queue at the counter, why don't one of you go in first? Then when your parents arrive, they can join in. No need to re-queue or hve your reservation cancalled : )

    Last time I was there from 6pm till 11pm. No one shooed us out! LOL!

    Anonymous said...

    I ate like a "siao po" also when I was in Jogoya last time... have to eat more to make what we paid worthwhile... haha...